EURead is a consortium of European reading promotion organisations who champion the importance of reading.
We want everyone to be able to access the information on this website and exchange knowledge, experiences, concepts and new strategies around reading promotion without barriers. We are committed to making this website as accessible as possible and applying relevant accessibility standards.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the EURead website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on this website, or if you require an alternative content format:
- Phone: 49 (0)6131 28890 12
- Postal Address: EURead, c/o Stiftung Lesen, Roemerwall 40, 55131 Mainz, Germany
- Contact form
We try to respond to feedback within 30 days.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The EURead website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Known accessibility issues
- Colour contrast between backgrounds and foreground text does not always meet minimum recommended contrast ratios. This makes it difficult for users with low vision to perceive certain aspects of the website.
- Not all videos have captions available.
- Not all images have alternative text.